WHO WE ARE
OUR MISSION: City of Refuge - Chicago exists to bring light, hope, and transformation to individuals and families on the west side of Chicago.
We do this through the mobilization of resources and partnerships to eliminate barriers and create opportunities for positive local impact. CORC focuses on families and individuals in the city of Chicago, particularly on the Westside. We do our work through collaboration, partnerships and resource development to create pathways to resources and opportunities.
The goal is to empower each individual and family by taking a holistic approach, ensuring ALL areas of a person's life are adequately supported.
City of Refuge - Chicago’s structure is based on a collaborative impact model. We are able to achieve our purpose of serving and providing resources to our community through collaborating and partnering with organizations and individuals from the 3 segments of society: civic, sacred and secular. Through the partnerships that have been established, the needs of most in our community can be met, either by CORC or our partners.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We believe that for positive, sustainable impact to occur, it is essential that all three segments of society must be involved - civic, secular and sacred.
- We believe strong families are the backbone of communities.
- We believe that investment and development of individuals results in the development of the community both socially and economically.
- We believe it is essential to insure there are sufficient resources known and readily available to people as they need them.
WE ACHIEVE OUR PURPOSE THROUGH
- Collaborating and partnering with organizations and individuals from the three segments of society - civic, sacred and secular.
- Education and Resource Development.
- Understanding that all people have innate dignity and worth.
City of Refuge - Chicago is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.